Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing #18 Week # 8

I created a Zoho account (I was able to link it to my Google Docs account). I have used google docs before and love it. We are using it at work. It has come in handy.
The features of Zoho are very similar in the sense that you can create documents online and share them with a group of people that you choose. I like that the users need to be invited to share the documents. You are able to upload just about anything and if you so choose - your invitees can make changes to the documents. The only downfall to this is that same old saying about "too many hands in the cookie jar". This is definately an untapped sourse of "empowerment" for teachers. When I was 1st introduced to it, the 1st thing that crossed my mind was "grade level meetings" where all the grade level could make changes to a document at their leisure.

No comments: