Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #23 Week #9

I absolutely loved the video "a fairly use tale". That was a great example to use when speaking of copyright. I think that I will add the video to my next presentation on copyright and fair use. As far as copyright is concerned, it's a matter of educating teachers/ students on the info. Knowledge is power right? I am familiar with creative commons and enjoy working with them. This is something that we need to educate others on.

My thoughts on this course - I really enjoyed the 23 things and now that I'm done I wish there were more "things" to do. It's a bittersweet ending. The flexabilty of doing things on your own schedule is what has won me over. I am able to get a few "things" done between my busiest moments. I would take another course like this any time if the opportunity presented itself. My favorite discovery exercises were on : creating an avatar, image generators, creating a trading card, using backpack and Travel IQ.
During the course of this journey, I have come to appreciate technology even more. I realize that there is so much to learn on the web, and it can become quite addictive to play with all that's out there. Some of the "things that I'm already applying into my everyday life are del.icio.us, LibraryThing, Diggo, Wikis, googledocs, and Copyright law.

I can't wait to share what I have discovered with my coworkers and continue the learning journey. Thank you for this opportunity.

2 comments:

ESC1 said...

I am at NECC in San Antonio this week and have attended several workshops on Web 2.0 apps. I may add to this workshop or create a differen workshop with more "things."

lori said...

I think that the flexibility of working at our own pace has been the most attracting feature of this workshop.